Maschinenfabrik Fahr (Fahr computing device manufacturing facility) used to be headquartered by Johann Georg Fahr in Gottmadingen in 1870. One in all its principal merchandise was the self-binder, manufactured in 1911, even as the primary tractor, the Fahr F22, used to be developed in 1938 from an thought of Wilfred Fahr and Bernhard Flerlage, and had a 22 hp (sixteen kW) Deutz F2M414 twin-cylinder diesel engine.
the first design used to be developed to turn out to be the Fahr T22 in 1940, and the Fahr Holzgasschlepper HG25 in 1942. After the end of World battle II, the manufacturer needed to adapt to meet new wants, increasing its product range. Models incorporated the Fahr D30 W (1949), the Fahr D15(1949), the Fahr D12N (1953), the Fahr D17N (1953), the Fahr D90 (1954) and the Fahr D180H(1954). In 1961, KHD obtained 25% of the shares in Fahr, and the complete acquisition of vegetation and business operations used to be completed in 1977.